The HLC Global Bartender Travel Scholarship
Hanna Lee Communications, an Award-Winning PR & Marketing Agency, Celebrates 15th Anniversary with Launch of Its First-Ever Global Bartender Travel Scholarship
Submissions Via Instagram Using #hlcscholarship to be Judged by Global Mentor Committee of Renowned Spirits and Cocktail Luminaries
NEW YORK, August 15, 2019—Hanna Lee Communications, Inc., an award-winning PR and marketing agency now celebrating its15th anniversary, today announces its first-ever Global Bartender Travel Scholarship. The agency has earmarked $15,000 to be awarded to 15 bartenders around the world to support their attending important spirits industry conferences for education and inspiration. The scholarship will be awarded annually and the agency will match the number of recipients to its anniversary year.
Hanna Lee Communications, which specializes in bar, restaurant, hotel, spirits and travel PR, has built numerous successful global brands and collaborated extensively with bartenders. Over the years, the agency has given back to the community through its “Meet the Inspiring Authors” book-signing events that currently count 30 authors, and “Meet the Trailblazing Women” series that features over 150 influential leaders in hospitality. The agency has also provided three dozen scholarships, to date, for Gaz Regan’s Cocktails in the Country.
“We are proud to celebrate our agency’s 15th anniversary,” says Hanna Lee, President & Founder, Hanna Lee Communications, Inc. “Throughout the years, the bartending community has played a crucial role in our success and this global scholarship is our way of showing our appreciation and gratitude. We are looking forward to helping worthy bartenders access immersive educational experiences that travel makes possible.”
The Application Process
○ Full-time, professional bartenders are invited to apply
● The Application
○ Each bartender will:
■ Follow the agency on Instagram at @hannaleepr
■ Post a photo on their Instagram of themselves in action behind the bar making a cocktail with the hashtag #hlcscholarship and geotag their bar
● Include a short paragraph on why they have chosen bartending as their career
● Name a specific global bartending conference or event they want to attend and why
■ Full guidelines are available on www.hannaleecommunications.com
● Application Period
○ Applications will be accepted between August 15, 2019 and November 30, 2019
● Judging Period
○ The applications will be judged by a Global Mentor Committee comprised of spirits and cocktail luminaries in December 2019
● Scholarship Recipients Announcement
○ The recipients will be announced via @hannaleepr at the end of December 2019 and via a national press release
Global Mentor Committee
The applications will be judged by a Global Mentor Committee that will select the worthy bartenders.
○ Salvatore Calabrese, The Donovan Bar & Brown’s Hotel (U.K.)
○ Giuseppe Gallo, ITALICUS Rosolio di Bergamotto (U.K.)
○ Sandrae Lawrence & Gary Sharpen, The Cocktail Lovers (U.K.)
○ Nico de Soto, Kaido, Zebra, DANICO and Mace (France)
● North America
○ Erick Castro, Bartender at Large, Raised by Wolves and Polite Provisions (U.S.)
○ Lindsey Johnson, Lush Life Productions (U.S.)
○ Philip Duff, Liquid Solutions (U.S.)
○ Greg Boehm, Cocktail Kingdom (U.S.)
○ Sean Muldoon and Jack McGarry, The Dead Rabbit and BlackTail (U.S.)
○ Frank Coleman, Distilled Spirits Council of the United States (U.S.) - TBD
● The Caribbean
○ Daniyel Jones, Angostura Limited (Trinidad and Tobago)
○ Chris Lowder, Proof & Company (Shanghai)
○ Micaela Piccolo, Nimbility (Shanghai)
Global Bartending Events and Conferences
About Hanna Lee Communications, Inc.
Hanna Lee Communications, Inc. is an award-winning PR and marketing agency specialized in hospitality, travel, bars, restaurants, spirits and luxury lifestyle. The agency only represents products and companies that it believes in and who have a vision for changing the world.
This outlook drives its well-acknowledged excellence that has been recognized with more than 30 national and international awards, including “Best Branding,” “Best Media Relations,” “PR Innovator of the Year” and “Best Online Content.” The agency’s Digital Studio Division complements its PR campaigns through social media, photography and videography.
The agency’s proven PR expertise in beverage alcohol spans spirits, like Bourbon and rye whiskey, single malt Scotch whisky, Irish whiskey, brandy, Cognac, pisco, applejack, tequila, mezcal, vodka, gin, rum, cachaça, shochu, amaros, liqueurs, as well as beer, wine, vermouth and sake.
Client experience includes: The Dead Rabbit; Danny Meyer’s Cedric’s at The Shed at Hudson Yards; Major Food Group’s The Polynesian, Santina and Dirty French; The Times Square EDITION/John Fraser Restaurants; Armani / Ristorante 5th Avenue by Giorgio Armani; RedFarm; Dear Irving; Raised by Wolves and Polite Provisions; Fever-Tree Mixers; Sombra Mezcal; BenRiach and The GlenDronach Single Malt Scotch Whiskies; Slane Irish Whiskey; BERTOUX Brandy; iichiko Saiten Shochu; Ten To One Rum and more.
The agency’s ongoing marketing-forward initiatives to support the hospitality community include the “Meet the Inspiring Authors” book-signing events, which count more than two dozen authors to date, and the “Meet the Trailblazing Women” series that features influential leaders in the hospitality industry and their words of wisdom.